I’m honored to be awarded for the 2nd time as vExpert – 2018! – Thank you vmware – great to be part of this unique vCommunity group!
Friday (March 9, 2018) … was send the knock knock emails for the vExpert awards to the people who are amazing to the vCommunity. Congrats to all new and renewed people and keep it up with your vCommunity activities and support!
Check the official announcements here
I can say that the RVTools is one of the best and an awesome free tool to collect almost all the necessary information about your vSphere environment! Number of the downloaded copies can talk a lot, so there are around 900 000 downloads
Check out the new version of the RVTools 3.10
New version details:
- Upgraded RVTools solution to Visual Studio 2017
- Upgraded RVTools to .Net Framework version 4.6.1
- Upgraded Log4net to version 2.0.8, Waffle.AD to version 1.8.3 and NPOI to version 2.3.0
- Connection error when TLSv1.0 and TLSv1.1 are disabled and only TLSv1.2 is enabled is solved by using .Net Framework 4.6.1
- vInfo tab page new columns: The latency-sensitivity setting of the virtual machine, Change Block Tracking (CBT) and disk.EnableUUID values
- vDisk tab page new columns: SCSI label, unit number and sharedBus
- vHost tab page new columns: Assigned License(s), ATS heartbeat, ATS locking values. 0 = disabled 1 = enabled, Host Power Policy shortname, CPU Power Management current policy and CPU power hardware support
- When Export to xlsx is executed a metadata worksheet with version number of RVTools and date time stamp is added to the output xlsx file
- All columns in the RVTools export xlsx file(s) now have a filter
- When export to csv newline characters are replaced by spaces
- When started from cli and login fails an error message and login box was displayed. Now RVTools will exit with exit code -1, without showing the error message and login form.
- Added an example PowerShell script with which you can merge RVTools export xlsx files
- Added a example PowerShell script to start Export all to xlsx for multiple vCenters
- vDatastore tab page: For NFS datastores the address column is now filled with remote host and path info
- vDatastore tab page new columns: Datastore Cluster Name, Cluster capacity and Cluster free space
- The upper limit on the Health check for number of VMs on a datastore is now 9999
- vHealth tab page: new column “message type” which can be used as a filter in Excel
- vHealth tab page: hbrdisk.RDID files are no longer reported as possible zombie files
- vHealth tab page: low disk space messages no also show the free space in MB.
- All tab pages: Refresh or auto-refresh will respect your sort order
- CLI export2xls parameters changed to export2xlsx (old parameter will still work)
- Bug Fix: invalid “Horizontal Alignment” value in xlsx style sheet.
- Bug Fix: Calculation of total snapshot size was not always correct
- Bug Fix: Child snapshot hierarchy was not always correct
- Default installation directory is changed to C:\Program Files (x86)\RobWare\RVTools without the version number
If you like this tool you can donate it here!
I’m honored to be invited as Tech Field Day delegate for the next TFD event that is Storage Field Day 15 which is going to be held on 7-9 March 2018. GestaltIT is one of the greatest company with unique activities like TechFieldDays covering Tech, Storage, Cloud, Networking Virtualization, Wireless, Mobility etc.
We will have great companies which are going to present their products and solutions. They are:
COHESITY – DATRIUM – WEKAIO – HGST – HEDVIG – IBM – HUAWEI – STARWIND.
All of these companies have their unique solutions and products for the Storage, some of them are new in the market, some of them still continuing to cover the global market with their solutions, but all of them trying to bring the new features and easy to use in the Data Centers as well as Cloud & Edge connectivity and not leaving aside the bare-metal stuff.
Looking forward to see what’s next with all of them and for sure delegates will have super focus on their solutions with lot of questions and clarification so you can follow the Storage Tech Days 15 on this link where we will be live + on Twitter #SFD15
About the #SFD15 Delegates:
Josh De Jong
Will be a great opportunity to meet all of them, including super staff of the Tech Field Day Stepehe Foskett & Ben Gage !
Stay tuned for more updates …
Now we have our VMUG (vmware Users Group) active in Kosovo and Albania that is dedicated to the IT professionals related to the vmware Virtualization technologies (vSphere, NSX, vSAN etc) and Cloud. I would like to spread out the word for our IT community in Kosovo and Albania that our VMUG will have lot of the activities like Meetings, Conferences, vBeers/vDrinks with lot of professional speakers (local, regional, global) and much more, where we will exchange our experiences and share the knowledge with each other but also will be involved the regional and global vCommunity!
Please, anyone that wants to be part of our VMUG for free, please visit the official website of our VMUG here or drop us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org and please follow us on Twitter: @vmugksal
Stay tuned for the next announcement about our very first VMUG meeting in Kosovo.
Last week got an email that I’m part of the vExpert program from vmware.
vmware vExpert is the award given to the IT professionals who sharing their vmware knowledge and contributing that back to the Community, so I will say Thank You vmware for such a recognition! The program is designed to put VMware’s marketing resources towards your advocacy efforts and awards are for individuals, not for companies!
VMware started the vExpert program in 2009 and it is really attractive and I will look forward for it’s benefits that are lots of them & awesome.
Here it is the announcement of the new and renewed vExperts and I’m proud to be part of it >>> vExpert Announcement
Thank you VMware …