Primary Storage & Secondary Storage – two terms that are very well-known in the nowadays IT technology companies, articles, blogs, social media (LinkedIn, Twitter). Well, Primary Storage – consist the Primary Storage solution for the mission critical data & strict SLAs, however the Secondary Storage – cover much more than the Primary Storage like Data Protection, File Shares, Archiving, Backups, Analytics, Clones, Test/Dev, Cloud etc – in general its Dark Data that is fragmented and inefficient inside your Data Centers.
Today I’m going to cover the Secondary Storage with a DataPlatform technology that is more than ready to sunshine the Dark Data. It’s Cohesity – Data Platform solution that takes care about the Secondary Storage with its unique & innovative Hyper-Converged Architecture:
- Distributed Scale-out platform (OASIS – Open Architecture for Scalable Intelligent Storage)
- Data Protection (including physical servers support for Windows & Linux) – policy driven
- Replication, Cloud Replication & Cohesity native Replication.
- Global DeDuplication (Inline & post) & Compression,
- SnapTree snapshot mechanism (infinite snapshots),
- Instant Clones for Test/Dev, REST API
- Indexing for the global search like Google engine,
- Granular VM, File or Object-level Recovery
- File Shares (NFS & SMB),
- Cloud rich Integration with Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform & OpenStack.
So you will be ready to take Control of your Secondary Storage data with Simplicity & Efficiency, Eliminating Complexity, Integrate with vmware and existing backup software (Veeam & Commvault), ensures fast RPOs to 15 min/ enable instantaneous RTOs, Cloud Integration with AWS, Azure and GCP and will have cost-effective backup and recovery to reduce CAPEX & OPEX with this single solution.
Finally Cohesity Hyper-Converged Secondary Storage solution can work hand-in-hand with Primary Storage solutions like: Intel, PureStorage, Tintri, Tegile & recently Cisco UCS.